When we asked for new volunteers recently, some volunteered. Others asked, "why do we need volunteers with the store open?"
Here is why!
1. We are a co-op!
- Some co-ops require ALL members to volunteer every month. Other co-ops (like us) encourage volunteers to help the business. And we need your support!
2. The Co-op benefits and you do too!
- Volunteers help keep costs down and prices competitive. That makes our customers (including you!) happy!
- Volunteers bring in fresh perspective and enthusiasm!
- Volunteers can bring in important skills that we do not currently have on staff. (See the list!)
- Volunteers gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of how the Co-op operates and how we benefit the community!
- Volunteers get personal satisfaction of helping the Co-op and their community!
Remember why we are here!
- Local, Local, Local! Local farms, local producers, local economy.
- Nutritious food for healthy people!
- Know what is in your food and what is not (like antibiotics, pesticides, etc.)!
- We support our community!
Here is a link to our list of volunteer opportunities and volunteer application: http://www.doylestown.coop/volunteer_signup
Thanks for taking the time to check it out!