- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb of Mt. Salem Ground Lamb or Sausage
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced green onions, white and green parts
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Separate caps and stems while cleaning the mushrooms.
- If cleaning with water, let them drain for a bit.
- Start cooking the sausage in frying pan, at a medium to medium/high temperature.
- While the sausage is cooking, put the cream cheese into a mixing bowl so it can soften and mince the stem pieces.
- Spice the sausage to taste. Garlic is a good addition.
- Just before the sausage is done, add the stem pieces and finish cooking.
- Drain off the excess grease and add the sausage/stem mixture into the cream cheese.
- Mix together well using a wooden spoon or your hands. Be careful, as it will be rather hot.
- Set the caps into a 13x9 pan (or larger) with sides.
- Fill the caps with the cream cheese/sausage/stem mix.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the tops are crusty and the mushrooms have turned dark.
- Serve warm. They reheat well, so you can make them ahead of time.
(Recipe provided by Mt. Salem Farm)
Do you like this post?