Thanks to the Doylestown Presbyterian Church for sharing their space for our second general membership meeting and pot luck on Oct. 7. Thanks to all who came to share lots of great food and great ideas! Read more for pictures and discussion questions.
At our second Member Meeting, we shared updates on where we are, talked about our membership drive effort around House Parties, and considered with those of our members who were present the four questions asked below. Board and Committee members are working through what we learned.
1. What are some of the things we can do to help people want to join? How can we find their “tipping points”? Examples of ideas might include specific education, family fun or community events, specific business discounts.
2. We're considering some possible scenarios that will help us fulfill pieces of our mission before we are actually able to open a store. These possibilities include (but are not limited to):
- A winter market (having a location where producers could sell their products one/ two/ three/ four times per month to members and others who would come to the location to buy)
- Truck sales (having one/ two/ three/ more events where "truckloads" of specific items are offered to our members at bulk prices - such as washtyme soaps, sun and earth cleaning products, maybe Castle Valley Mill grains??, Lancaster farms yogurts)
- An online virtual ordering system where people are able to order from a variety of producers with mark-ups to cover administrative costs and people would have to pick up their weekly/bi-weekly/monthly orders
Each of these have advantages and disadvantages and all of them draw resources from our mission of our community, our products, our store. " What are your thoughts?"
3. How can we communicate better with our members? How can we communicate better with our non-members? Some tools are The Appetizer, house parties, and social networking
4. What ideas do you have for future fundraising events? Do you have access to appropriate venues?