Looking for that perfect drink? Well look no further friend! This delicious drink is a great way to support local honey producers while simultaneously treating yourself to something delicious!
*Recipe Courtesy of The National Honey Board
1/4 cup honey
2 Tablespoons instant coffee granules and 1/4 cup boiling water OR 1/4 cup extra-strong brewed coffee
1 cinnamon stick
1/4 cup cold water
1 quart milk
Garnish with cinnamon stick.
Add honey to instant coffee and water or extra strong coffee and mix well.
Add cinnamon stick and stir in cold water. Refrigerate. Fill 4 tall glasses with ice cubes. Add three tablespoons of coffee mixture to each glass and fill with 1 cup milk.
The Buzz on Bees:
- One honey bee produces only 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey in her lifetime
- There are approximately 12 unique types of honey in Pennsylvania
- 1/3 of our diet is dependent on insect pollination - 80% of those pollinators are honey bees
- One hive can contain 40 - 60,000 honey bees
- Honey bees do not hibernate
- A honey bee's wings beat 11,400 times per minute
- Honey bee pollination in the United States is valued at more than $19 billion annually.
Do you like this post?