Are you looking for a hearty, healthy, and simple dish? This Moroccan Vegetable Stew is the perfect balance of all three.
Make sure to use Mediterranean Delicacy Olive Oil, our February Featured Producer and found right here at the Doylestown Food Co-op!
- 1 tablespoon "Mediterranean Delicacy Olive Oil"
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups worth)
- 1 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can "Eden" garbanzo beans
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons "SO Delicious" coconut milk (optional)
Start by cleaning and cutting you potatoes, carrots, and squash. Then in a saucepan cook your onions first. On a medium heat, saute your onions in olive oil and add spices onto them.
Now you can mix in your cut squash, potatoes, and carrots. Following this, pour in the vegetable broth and water. Bring the entire mixture to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 20-25 minutes. Add garbanzo beans last, and let simmer 5-10 minutes more adding coconut milk for desired optional creaminess.
Let it cool and serve!
*Adapted from feastie.com