Yield: 6 Servings
An asterisk * indicates the ingredient is available at the Doylestown Food Co-op
- * 6 large eggs (try Necessity Farms or Herschberger Heritage Farm)
- * ½ cup light cream ( try Trickling Springs Creamery)
- * ¼ cup fresh goat cheese (Try Trickling Springs Creamery)
- * ¼ pound bacon (try Necessity Farms)
- * ½ bunch asparagus (chopped or whole)
- * ½ small red onion chopped, about ¼ cup
- * ¾ teaspoon salt
- * ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Cook bacon over medium high heat in a large cast iron or oven-safe skillet
- Remove bacon to drain when done. Leave 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan and discard the rest
- Add the asparagus and chopped red onion and saute for 3 or 4 minutes over medium heat
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper and pour over the asparagus-onion mixture
- Place bacon and goat cheese evenly on top
- Sprinkle with paprika
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until set
- Whole or low fat Milk, half and half, or heavy cream may be substituted for the light cream.
- The asparagus and bacon may be chopped into pieces or left whole depending on the look you want.
Do you like this post?