We are your friends and neighbors. We care about local agriculture and our community. We want to see the continued growth of a thriving food culture here in Doylestown.
We are about:
- Local, Local, Local
- Nutritious food for healthy people
- Knowing where your food came from and what is (and is not) in your food
Starting from humble origins as a food club in September 2009, we worked hard together to create our Doylestown Food Market. Many, many wonderful volunteers put in countless hours to get our cooperative to the wonderful member-owned community store that it is now.
Our mission, “to provide convenient access to a variety of locally raised or produced foods and other products and to foster a healthy and economically viable environment for our farmers and community”, continues to be met more and more each month!
- In the just over two years we have been open, we have paid our local producer community nearly $500,000.
- In store, we have more than 100 local producers represented – and that is without counting that several of our local distributors represent many, many more local farmers. In fact, 74% of our sales are to local farmers and small business people!
- We’ve created six jobs.
- We have a devoted board of directors and a committed group of volunteers who help on our many committees – supporting membership and education, outreach, fundraising, marketing and financial systems. They do an amazing job of helping to be our face in the community, share knowledge and talents, and keep our operations running smoothly in support of our paid staff.
- Our member-owner community now numbers more than 550 households in good standing.
- We offer the opportunity for people to Know their Producers with in-store demos
If you want to read some of the news articles about us from the very beginning, click here. (link to all news articles - coming soon.)